A-B Towns | C-E Towns | F-K Towns | L-M Towns | N-S Towns | T-Z Towns | All Towns

Holy Trinity Anglican Church
Holy Trinity Anglican Church - After Renovation 19-09-2021 - Frank Curtain
Holy Trinity Anglican Church 00-00-1931 - H M Wilson Archives - See Note.

Holy Trinity Anglican Church

Roebourne, WA 6718

Church Information

Church Name: Holy Trinity Anglican Church
Church Previous Name: -
Denomination: Anglican Church of Australia
Street Address: 45 Hampton St, Roebourne WA 6718, Australia
Suburb: Roebourne
State: WA
Postcode: 6718
Foundation Stone Laid: unknown
Foundation Stone Notes: 

The text on the foundation plaque is not known. On the revesrse of the plaque is the text for the foundation of the earlier church, which was laid about 1882. There is also some suggestion that the church may have been called St John's at some point?  Information/photographs are invited.

A Notice Board records: Holy Trinity - Est. 1883.

 A plauqe records: State Register of Heritage Places - Holy Trinity Anglican Church - (1895~1899) - After a cyclone destroyed the original in 1894, this church was qiuiclkly constructed with stone walls, iron window frames and a concrete floor to protect it against cyclones and prevent the ravages of white ants. The bell comes from the Aberlady, a Scottish ship that was wrecked on a journey to America in 1877, however, it is not known who brought the bell to the Roebourne area - Heritage Council of WA - Place No 2332.

A plaque records: Australia - 1788~1988 - Emma Withnell Heritage Trail - Hoy Trinity Church - Constructed using local stone in 1894-1895, this Church is on the site of an earlier church built in 1885 but destroyed by a cyclone in 1894. In an attempt to fend off the heat, the roof has been lined with felt. When completed, Holy Trinity was the only church in the North West. - An Australian Bicentennial project...

Date Opened: 00-00-1896
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org


The Holy Trinity Anglican Church, Roebourne is part of the Diocese of North West Australia. The present church building was re-opened on 7/5/2021 by Bishop Gary Nelson, after extensive renovations following the effects of time and cyclone damage. It had originally been erected about 1895, and consecrated in 1896 by Bishop Riley. It had replaced an earlier, mid 1880s, building which had been destroyed by a cyclone. Before this building was constructed, Anglican services had been held in private homes. More historical information/photographs of the church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 20/9/2021.

Note: Photograph attribution/source - By Michal Lewi - Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=43782508

Note: Photograph attribution/source - By Unknown author - This item is held in the H.M. Wilson Archives. For details see https://hmwilson.archives.org.au/items/38.html, Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=82804028

Last Updated: Monday 20th September, 2021