St John's Anglican Church - Former
St John's Anglican Church 12-08-2007 - Mattinbgn - See Note.
St John's Anglican Church - Former 07-12-2013 - - See Note

St John's Anglican Church - Former

Toolamba, VIC 3614

Church Information

Church Name: St John's Anglican Church - Former
Church Previous Name: -
Denomination: Anglican Church of Australia
Street Address: 130 Rutherford Rd, Toolamba VIC 3614, Australia
Suburb: Toolamba
State: VIC
Postcode: 3614
Foundation Stone Laid: 26-11-1913
Foundation Stone Notes: 

The foundation stone was laid on 26/11/1913 by the Bishop of Bendigo, the Rt Rev John Langley. The text on the foundation stone is not known. Information/photographs are invited.

A stone tablet on the fence records: To the Glory of God - and in memoray of - Chaplain - Charles H Patmore - who paid the supreme - sacrifice Feb 1943.

Date Opened: 00-00-1913
Date Closed: 15-12-2013


The former St John's Anglican Church, Toolamba was part of the Parish of Toolamba and the Diocese of Bendigo. Early Anglican services were held in 1876 in Knights Hotel, then Page's Farm and the Toolamba School, until the present church building, erected on land donated by George Pogue, was opened in 1913. The final service and deconsecration of the church building was held on 15/12/2013. The property was sold in February 2014. No other details are known. More historical information/photographs of the former church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 19/5/2022.

Note: Photograph attribution/source - The Weekly Times -

Note: Photograph atribution/source - By Mattinbgn - Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0,

Note: Photograph attribution/source -

Last Updated: Thursday 19th May, 2022