St James the Less Anglican Church - Former
St James the Less Anglican Church - Former 12-01-2018 - John Conn, Templestowe, Victoria
St James the Less Anglican Church - Former 31-01-2009 - realestate.com.au

St James the Less Anglican Church - Former

Pomborneit North, VIC 3260

Church Information

Church Name: St James the Less Anglican Church - Former
Church Previous Name: -
Denomination: Anglican Church of Australia
Street Address: 7 Pomborneit-Foxhow Rd, Pomborneit North VIC 3260, Australia
Suburb: Pomborneit North
State: VIC
Postcode: 3260
Foundation Stone Laid: unknown
Foundation Stone Notes: 

No Foundation Stone or Memorial Plaque details are known. Information/photographs are invited.

Date Opened: 03-08-1913
Date Closed: 09-04-2006
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

This former St James the Less Anglican Church, Pomborneit North is now closed, and the property was sold in 2008. Early Anglican services were held in the Pomborneit Presbyterian Church building, then moving to the Pomborneit North Hall on  7/8/1910. The St James church building was then erected, with services commencing in it on 3/8/1913. The church held its final service on 9/4/2006. No other details are known.. More historical information/photographs of the former church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 17/1/2018.

 

Last Updated: Sunday 31st October, 2021
ADVANCED SEARCH