St Paul's Anglican Church
St Paul's Anglican Church - Windows from the Opportunity Shop 20-04-2019 - John Huth, Wilston, Brisbane
St Paul's Anglican Church 20-04-2019 - John Huth, Wilston, Brisbane

St Paul's Anglican Church

Frankston, VIC 3199

Church Information

Church Name: St Paul's Anglican Church
Church Previous Name: -
Denomination: Anglican Church of Australia
Street Address: Bay St S & High St, Frankston VIC 3199, Australia
Suburb: Frankston
State: VIC
Postcode: 3199
Foundation Stone Laid: 02-02-1875
Foundation Stone Notes: 

The foundation stone of the first church building on this site was laid on 2/2/1875 by Miss A M Baxter.

The foundation stone of the current church building records: Church of St Paul - This foundation stone was laid by - The Archbishop of Melbourne - The Most Reverend Frank Woods MA DD - on May 2nd 1959 - Old St Paul's was destroyed by fire, October 26th 1957 - Vicar: The Reverend A G Church Th L -.......

A plaque records: To commemorate - the centenary - of the consecration - of the first permanent church - on this site - 23rd August 1992.

A plaque records: To the Glory of God - and to commemorate - the faithful ministry of - The Rev Albert - and - Mrs Betty Church - from 1950 ~ 1984 - these windows were presented by - The St Paul's Opportunity Shop.

A plaque records: This plaque was unveiled by - The Mayor of Frankston - Marianne Meehan - on Australia Day 26th January, 1994 - to commemorate the site of - the first church in Frankston in 1854 - the first burial ground 1854 ~ 74 - and the first school 1856 ~ 74.

A plaque records: The rebuilt St Paul's Church - consecrated - 18th December, 1966 - by The Archbishop of Melbourne - The Most Rev F Woods MA DD - Vicar: The Rev A G Church, Th L.


Date Opened: 21-02-1888
Date Closed: unknown


St Paul's Anglican Church, Frankston. A school was first built on the church site in 1857, and also used for worship services until the church building was completed in 1887. The rebuilt church building, following the fire on 26/10/1957, was consecrated on 18/12/1966. 

An offshoot church known as St Silas' in Seaford was closed in June 1987.

More historical information/photographs of the church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 8/8/2019.

Last Updated: Thursday 8th August, 2019