A-B Towns | C-E Towns | F-K Towns | L-M Towns | N-S Towns | T-Z Towns | All Towns

Blackburn Presbyterian Church
Blackburn Presbyterian Church 23-05-2014 - John Conn, Templestowe, Victoria
Blackburn Presbyterian Church 23-05-2014 - John Conn, Templestowe, Victoria

Blackburn Presbyterian Church

Blackburn, VIC 3130

Church Information

Church Name: Blackburn Presbyterian Church
Church Previous Name: -
Denomination: Presbyterian Church of Australia
Street Address: 53 Gardenia St, Blackburn VIC 3130, Australia
Suburb: Blackburn
State: VIC
Postcode: 3130
Foundation Stone Laid: unknown
Foundation Stone Notes: 

No Foundation stone details are known. Information/photographs are invited.

Plaque records, "To The Glory Of God - This Church - was opened and dedicated by the - Presbytery of Melbourne North - on - 17th December 1989 - By Rev A M Harman, Moderator of Assembly".

Date Opened: 17-12-1989
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

The Blackburn Presbyterian Church, located to this site during the 1980's, by purchasing the former chapel and erecting the current building during 1989. Presbyterian services had been held in the Blackburn district since the 1880's, in various private homes, public halls and St John's Anglican Church. Their first church building was erected in 1926 in The Avenue, and then a new building on the same site in 1960. This building became part of the Uniting Church in 1977. The remaining Presbyterians were without a place to gather until the purchase of the current site. More historical information/photographs of the church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 14/11/2020.
Last Updated: Saturday 14th November, 2020
ADVANCED SEARCH