A-B Towns | C-E Towns | F-K Towns | L-M Towns | N-S Towns | T-Z Towns | All Towns

Berriwillock Presbyterian Church - Former
Berriwillock Presbyterian Church - Former 01-01-2015 - Mattinbgn - See Note.
Berriwillock Presbyterian Church - Former 05-11-2022 - Derek Flannery

Berriwillock Presbyterian Church - Former

Berriwillock, VIC 3531

Church Information

Church Name: Berriwillock Presbyterian Church - Former
Church Previous Name: St Andrew's Presbyterian Church
Denomination: Presbyterian Church of Australia
Street Address: Berriwillock VIC 3531, Australia
Suburb: Berriwillock
State: VIC
Postcode: 3531
Foundation Stone Laid: unknown
Foundation Stone Notes: 

The building is now located at 71 Oke Street, Ouyen, and known as the Torrita Building:

A heritage plaque records: The Torrita Building - Originally built in Berriwillock in 1908 for less the 200 [pounds], this building was given to the Torrita Methodist Congregation in 1966 by the Berriwillock Presbyterian Church. Local donations were collected and working bees held. Tom and Jean Foley donated a suitable site for the building. The building was dismantled, moved and reassembled at Torrita. - Rev Chester opened the Church on 1 January 1967. For twenty two years services, weddings, baptisms, Sunday school and Church Guild took place in the Church. Finally, on March 12, 1989, Rev Kevin Dobson conducted the closing service. - The building was eventually given to the former Shire of Walpeup and moved to Ouyen in July 1990. It was restored and is now used for varied public functions such as meetings and displays. - Now known as the Torrita Building, bookings for the use of the building may be made at the Mildura Rural City Council's Ouyen Service Centre.

Date Opened: 00-00-1908
Date Closed: 00-00-1966
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org


The former Berriwillock Presbyterian Church closed about 1966, and the church building was gifted to the Torrita Methodist Church (see separate entry - 3490). The original St Andrew's Presbyterian Church building had been erected about 1908. The location of the building in Berriwillock is not known. More historical information/photographs of the church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 23/12/2022.

NOte: Photograph attribution/source - By Mattinbgn (talk · contribs) - Own work, CC BY 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=38416367
Last Updated: Friday 23rd December, 2022