St Andrew's Anglican Church
St Andrew's Anglican Church - Stone Step Inscription 08-01-2014 - John Huth, Wilston, Brisbane
St Andrew's Anglican Church 00-03-2017 - Trevor Bunning - See Note

St Andrew's Anglican Church

Carrick, TAS 7291

Church Information

Church Name: St Andrew's Anglican Church
Church Previous Name: -
Denomination: Anglican Church of Australia
Street Address: Meander Valley Rd, Carrick TAS 7291, Australia
Suburb: Carrick
State: TAS
Postcode: 7291
Foundation Stone Laid: unknown
Foundation Stone Notes: 

No Foundation Stone or Memorial Plaques details are known. Information/photographs are invited.

The inscription on the stone entrance step records: "Spare a prayer for Mr Clifford Bosworth, whose generosity helped with the restoration of this church. A. M. D. G."

Date Opened: 25-11-1845
Date Closed: unknown


The church was transformed from a schoolhouse by Thomas Reiby of Hadspen in 1845, at his own expense. He became its first minister, and was later succeeded by his brother. The tower was added in 1863. The church was consecrated by Tasmania's first Anglican Bishop, Francis Russell Nixon and opened by Archdeacon Marriott.

More historical information/photographs of the church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 03/09/2016.

(Note: Thomas Reiby's grandmother, Mary Reiby is pictured on the $20 note)

Note: Photograph Attribution/Source -
Last Updated: Saturday 15th September, 2018