A-B Towns | C-E Towns | F-K Towns | L-M Towns | N-S Towns | T-Z Towns | All Towns

Alberton Baptist Church - Former
Alberton Baptist Church - Former 01-09-2016 - Toop & Toop Real Estate - realestate.com.au
Alberton Baptist Church - Former 01-03-2016 - realestate.com.au

Alberton Baptist Church - Former

Alberton, SA 5014

Church Information

Church Name: Alberton Baptist Church - Former
Church Previous Name: -
Denomination: Baptist
Street Address: 234 Port Rd, Alberton SA 5014, Australia
Suburb: Alberton
State: SA
Postcode: 5014
Foundation Stone Laid: 31-08-1863
Foundation Stone Notes: The foundation stone was laid by the Rev George Stonehouse on 31/8/1863. The text on the foundation stone is not known. Information/photographs are invited.
Date Opened: 00-00-1864
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

This former Alberton Baptist Church property is now privately owned. The Alberton Baptist Church was formed on 6/10/1862 with a membership of fifteen. The laying of the foundation stone for a church building was to follow in less than a year, on 31/8/1863. No other details are known. More historical information/photographs of the former church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 5/1/2018.



For more details of the laying of the foundation stone see - https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/159519864?searchTerm=%22Alberton%20Baptist%20Church%22
Last Updated: Sunday 28th June, 2020
ADVANCED SEARCH