A-B Towns | C-E Towns | F-K Towns | L-M Towns | N-S Towns | T-Z Towns | All Towns

Cannon Hill Presbyterian Church - Former
Cannon Hill Presbyterian Church - Former 19-08-2017 - John Huth, Wilston, Brisbane
Cannon Hill Presbyterian Church - Former 19-08-2017 - John Huth, Wilston, Brisbane

Cannon Hill Presbyterian Church - Former

Cannon Hill, QLD 4170

Church Information

Church Name: Cannon Hill Presbyterian Church - Former
Church Previous Name: -
Denomination: Presbyterian Church of Australia
Street Address: 4 Molloy Rd, Cannon Hill QLD 4170, Australia
Suburb: Cannon Hill
State: QLD
Postcode: 4170
Foundation Stone Laid: unknown
Foundation Stone Notes: No Foundation Stone or Memorial Plaque details are known. Information/photographs are invited.
Date Opened: 17-05-1930
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

The former Cannon Hill Presbyterian Church is now closed, and the property was sold in 2002. The church building was opened on 17/5/1930, by the Rev Robert Miller, Moderator of the Presbyterian General Assembly. The church building was the first erected under the Presbyterian Church extension movement, established to provide assistance to fledgling Presbyterian congregations, with funding provided from philanthropist W R Black. The first church service was held in February 1929 in the Cannon Hill School of Arts, with services relocated in September that year to a Marquee erected on the land which had been purchased for the erection of a church bulding1. No other details are known. Historical information/photographs of the former church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 29/9/2017.

 

Note 1: https://heritage.brisbane.qld.gov.au/sites/default/files/citation/cannon-hill-presbyterian-church-former-_2251.pdf



Note: Photograph attribution/source - https://heritage.brisbane.qld.gov.au/heritage-places/2251#references
Last Updated: Sunday 26th September, 2021
ADVANCED SEARCH