A-B Towns | C-E Towns | F-K Towns | L-M Towns | N-S Towns | T-Z Towns | All Towns

St Marys Uniting Church
St Marys Uniting Church - Original Brick Church Building 00-00-1884 - Charles Kerry - See Note.

St Marys Uniting Church

Oxley Park, NSW 2760

Church Information

Church Name: St Marys Uniting Church
Church Previous Name: St Marys Methodist Church
Denomination: Uniting Church in Australia
Street Address: 49 Brisbane St, Oxley Park NSW 2760, Australia
Suburb: Oxley Park
State: NSW
Postcode: 2760
Foundation Stone Laid: 14-06-1860
Foundation Stone Notes: 

The foundation stone for the original St Marys church was laid on 14/6/1860. The text on the foundation stone is not known. Information/photographs are invited.

No foundation stone details are known for the current church building. Information/photographs are invited.

Date Opened: 10-10-1860
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org


The present St Marys Uniting Church, Oxley Park , also known as the Wesley Memorial Christian Centre was opened on 28/2/1976, bringing together the Mt Druitt and St Marys Methodist Congregations. It now also includes a Cook Island congregation and the Samoan Faith Community.

The original St Marys Methodist Church was opened on 10/10/1860 in Queen Street, St Marys. It was a weatherboard building erected on land donated by Mr George Matthews. It was replaced by a brick structure in 1893 as it had been infected with white ants. It was demolished in 1972 and the congregation then worshipped with the Mt Druitt Methodist congregation in the Mt Druitt Road and Ropes Creek Road church building until the present one was completed. [Information sourced from: https://www.culturecreativity.com.au/updates/methodist-church]. More historical information/photographs of the church(es)/congregation(s) are invited. Photographs uploaded 20/11/2020.

Note: Photograph attribution/source - https://www.culturecreativity.com.au/updates/methodist-church

Methodist Church, St Marys c 1884-1917
Photographer: Charles Kerry, unknown date
Source: The Tyrrell Collection, NSW Museum of Applied Arts & Sciences

Last Updated: Friday 20th November, 2020