A-B Towns | C-E Towns | F-K Towns | L-M Towns | N-S Towns | T-Z Towns | All Towns

Moree Uniting Church
Moree Uniting Church 12-02-2020 - John Huth, Wilston, Brisbane
Moree Uniting Church 03-10-2017 - John Huth, Wilston, Brisbane.

Moree Uniting Church

Moree, NSW 2400

Church Information

Church Name: Moree Uniting Church
Church Previous Name: Moree Methodist Church
Denomination: Uniting Church in Australia
Street Address: 21 Frome St, Moree NSW 2400, Australia
Suburb: Moree
State: NSW
Postcode: 2400
Foundation Stone Laid: 27-08-1936
Foundation Stone Notes: 

Foundation stone records: To the Glory of God - this stone was laid by - Rev R H Campbell - President N S W Conference - Rev R C Dempsey L Th - Supt Minister - 27th August 1936.

A plaque records: Wesley Church - Erected by the trustees and dedicated to the - Glory of God - December 17th 1938 - Rev R C Dempey . Chairmain - D M Hickey Esq - C B Harding Esq - R L Kempe Esq - R J O Morgan Esq - W S Shelton Esq - F C Terrey Esq - K W Vincent Esq - Rev W H Jones ~ Secretary General - P N Slade Esq - E J Hemming Esq ~ Secy & Treas...

Honour Board records: Moree - Methodist Church - The Great European War 1914-19 - Honour Roll  (Then follows a list of 24 names)

A stone tablet in the Wesley Memorial Hall records: In memory of those who served - in the World Wars - 1914~18 and 1939~45 - this stone was unveiled - by - C B Harding Esq and Mrs E M Greedy - on 5th Setpember. 1959.

A stone tablet records: In memory - of - Augustus Bernshaw Lomax - Died 15th July 1897 - Aged 61 years - Erected by his fellow Trustees - Servant of God, well done.

A stone tablet records: Gardens Renovated - to commemorate - 125 years of worship - on this site - December, 1992.

Date Opened: 00-12-1938
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org


The Moree Uniting Church congregation celebrated 150 years of worship on 15/10/2017.

The present church occupies the site of the first church built in Moree in 1867. It was of a raised slab construction and used by all denominations. 

The second church was of timber construction erected in 1895, and used until 1938 when it was relocated to Gravesend to make way for the third and current brick building. The curent church was opened in December 1938.

 For a fuller coverage see: https://www.insights.uca.org.au/news/celebrating-a-milestone-moree-uniting-church

More historical information/photographs of the church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 1/12/2017 & 7/4/2020.

Last Updated: Tuesday 7th April, 2020