A-B Towns | C-E Towns | F-K Towns | L-M Towns | N-S Towns | T-Z Towns | All Towns

Crows Nest Uniting Church
Crows Nest Uniting Church - Presbyterian Church 1905 00-00-1905 - Crows Nest Uniting Church - See Note.

Crows Nest Uniting Church

Wollstonecraft, NSW 2065

Church Information

Church Name: Crows Nest Uniting Church
Church Previous Name: North St Leonards Presbyterian Church/ Crows Nest Presbyterian Church
Denomination: Uniting Church in Australia
Street Address: 122 Shirley Rd, Wollstonecraft NSW 2065, Australia
Suburb: Wollstonecraft
State: NSW
Postcode: 2065
Foundation Stone Laid: 27-05-1905
Foundation Stone Notes: The foundation stone for the present church building records: This stone - was laid by - His Excellency - Sir Harry H Rawson KCG -  Governor of New South Wales - 27th May 1905.
Date Opened: 23-09-1889
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

The first Crows Nest Uniting Church, Wollstonecraft, formerly the North St Leonards Presbyterian Church, was opened on 23/9/1889 in Willoughby Road. The current Crows Nest Uniting Church, Shirley Road was opened on 2/9/1905 as the North St Leonards Presbyterian Church, on land donated by Sir John & Lady Hay. The first church building continued to be used as a church hall until it was destoyed in a storm in 1912. The church celebrated its 125th anniversary in 2013 (1888-2103)1. More historical information/photographs of the church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 16/8/2020.

Note 1: Photograph attribution/source and more of the church history see - 125 faithful years in Crows Nest: a 125 year history of Presbyterian, then Uniting Church, worship, witness and service in Crows Nest, Sydney / research by Lorna Bassett; editing by Lin Gourlay and Peter Butt: layout by Bruce Roy - sourced from http://crowsnestuniting.org.au/community/history/historyfiles/125-230-book-pages-w.pdf

 

Last Updated: Sunday 16th August, 2020
ADVANCED SEARCH