A-B Towns | C-E Towns | F-K Towns | L-M Towns | N-S Towns | T-Z Towns | All Towns

Cawdor Uniting Church
Cawdor Uniting Church Cemetery 26-12-2019 - Gary Knight - See Note.

Cawdor Uniting Church

Cawdor, NSW 2570

Church Information

Church Name: Cawdor Uniting Church
Church Previous Name: Cawdor Wesleyan Methodist Church
Denomination: Uniting Church in Australia
Street Address: 445 Cawdor Rd, Cawdor NSW 2570, Australia
Suburb: Cawdor
State: NSW
Postcode: 2570
Foundation Stone Laid: unknown
Foundation Stone Notes: 

No Foundation Stone or Memorial Plaque details are known for the church. Information/photographs are invited.

A foundation stone for the hall records: This stone was laid - by - Mr R H Boardman - 30-6-1962.

A plaque on a stone in the church grounds records: To the Glory of God - This memorial plaque marks a corner of the - Wesleyan Methodist Church - erected on this site in 1850 - Worship services were held on this site as early as - 1841 in a portion of a house built in 1819. - The stones forming this corner are - original foundation stones raised in the - year 2000. - Unveiled 26th November 2000 by - His Excellency The Hon. Gordon Samuels AC CVO - Governor of New South Wales.

 

Date Opened: unknown
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

The present Cawdor Uniting Church building was erected about 1902, and replaced an earlier church erected about 1850, on land given by the Macarthur Family. The church hall was built in 1962. The Cawdor Uniting Church Cemetery is located beside the church. It has been in use since about 1845 and contains many pioneer graves. No other details are known. More historical information/photographs of the church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 4/8/2020.



Note: Photograph attribution/source - https://www.findagrave.com/cemetery/2347444/cawdor-uniting-church-cemetery#view-photo=197267842
Last Updated: Wednesday 5th August, 2020
ADVANCED SEARCH