A-B Towns | C-E Towns | F-K Towns | L-M Towns | N-S Towns | T-Z Towns | All Towns

St Aidan's Anglican Church

St Aidan's Anglican Church

Longueville, NSW 2066

Church Information

Church Name: St Aidan's Anglican Church
Church Previous Name: -
Denomination: Anglican Church of Australia
Street Address: 1 Christina St, Longueville NSW 2066, Australia
Suburb: Longueville
State: NSW
Postcode: 2066
Foundation Stone Laid: 19-11-1910
Foundation Stone Notes: 

Foundation stone for the first church building records: For God, For Church, For Country- This stone was laid by - The Most Rev J C Wright DD - Archbishop of Sydney - 19 Nov 1910.

Foundation stone for the present church records: To the Glory of God - This stone was set by - The Most Rev H W K Mowll CMG, DD - Archbishop of Sydney and Primate of Australia - on - 26th May 1956 - Rev A T Pattison BA ~ Rector...

Date Opened: 00-00-1911
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

The first St Aidan's Anglican Church building, was opened and dedicated in 1911. Before the church was built regular Anglican services had been held in Longueville from 4/7/1909, in private homes, Miss Oaks school, and the St Andrew's Presbyterian Church.  The present church building was opened and dedicated on 25/11/1956, by Bishop, the Rt Rev R C Kerle, and consecrated on 27/11/1966 by the Most Rev M L Loane MA DD., Archbishop of Sydney. The church celebrated its centenary on 19th November 2010. More historical information/photographs of the church/congregation are invited. Photograph uploaded 13/10/2020.

For more of the church story see - http://www.staidans.com.au/backup/HistoryImages/H199.htm
Last Updated: Tuesday 13th October, 2020
ADVANCED SEARCH