A-B Towns | C-E Towns | F-K Towns | L-M Towns | N-S Towns | T-Z Towns | All Towns

St Stephen's Anglican Church
St Stephen's Anglican Church 28-04-2019 - Peter Liebeskind
St Stephen's Anglican Church - Original Hall  00-00-1953 - John Morcombe - Manly Daily - See Note

St Stephen's Anglican Church

Frenchs Forest, NSW 2086

Church Information

Church Name: St Stephen's Anglican Church
Church Previous Name: -
Denomination: Anglican Church of Australia
Street Address: 16 Lockwood Ave, Frenchs Forest NSW 2086, Australia
Suburb: Frenchs Forest
State: NSW
Postcode: 2086
Foundation Stone Laid: unknown
Foundation Stone Notes: No Foundation Stone or Memorial Plaque details are known. Information/photographs are invited.
Date Opened: 21-12-1935
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

The first church building known as St Stephen's Hall, was erected in Forest Way, Belrose and opened on 21/12/1935. In 1967 the old church hall was relocated to Lockwood Avenue, Belrose/Frenchs Forest. The current St Stephen's Anglican Church building was erected at the new location and dedicated on 28/11/1976. The church celebrated its 80th anniversary in 2016.  More historical information/photographs of the church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 11/7/2020.

 



For more of the St Stephen's Anglican Church story see - http://www.ststephens.net.au/our-story.html

Note: Photograph attribution/source - John Morcombe - Manly Daily - 13/5/2016 -  https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/80th-anniversary-of-st-stephens-church-at-belrose/news-story/9685508d0b44f194cc7eeba74b493fbf

Last Updated: Saturday 11th July, 2020
ADVANCED SEARCH