Bardon Uniting Church - Former
Bardon Uniting Church - Former 23-07-2017 - John Huth, Wilston, Brisbane
Bardon Uniting Church - Former - Sunday School 00-00-1947 - "Journey" - UCA Queensland Synod - See Note.

Bardon Uniting Church - Former

Bardon, QLD 4065

Church Information

Church Name: Bardon Uniting Church - Former
Church Previous Name: Bardon Methodist Church
Denomination: Uniting Church in Australia
Street Address: 232 Simpsons Rd, Bardon QLD 4065, Australia
Suburb: Bardon
State: QLD
Postcode: 4065
Foundation Stone Laid: unknown
Foundation Stone Notes: No Foundation Stone or Memorial Plaque details are known. Information/photographs are invited.
Date Opened: 00-00-1958
Date Closed: 31-08-2008
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

This former church property is now privately owned. 

"Soon after houses were built in the estate near Bowman Park and families moved into the area, the Methodist Church established a worshipping community in Bardon.

By February 1945 a Sunday School was meeting in the kiosk in Bowman Park and later in the year the Guide Hut in Cecil Road was the site of the first official Methodist Church service in Bardon.

The first property to be owned by the church was a small cottage in Simpsons Road next to a shop on the corner of Chiswick Road.

When that building and the army hut behind used by the Sunday School became too small, the current church in a prominent position on the corner of Simpsons Road and Leworthy Street was opened in 1958.

Folk who have been associated with the Bardon Methodist Church which later became the Bardon Uniting Church will gather for a celebration of over 60 years of participation in the Bardon Community on Sunday 24th August (2008) at 10.30am...

The final service in the church will be held on the 31 August 2008".(https://journeyonline.com.au/local-church-news/celebrating-60-years-in-bardon/).

Photographs uploaded 26/9/2017.

 



Note - Photograph source - https://journeyonline.com.au/local-church-news/celebrating-60-years-in-bardon/  Bardon Methodist Sunday School about 1947 in front of the old cottage church in Simpsons Road.
Last Updated: Thursday 4th January, 2018
ADVANCED SEARCH