St Andrew's Presbyterian Church
St Andrew's Presbyterian Church 03-04-2021 - John Huth, Wilston, Brisbane
St Andrew's Presbyterian Church - Hall 03-04-2021 - John Huth, Wilston, Brisbane

St Andrew's Presbyterian Church

Gunnedah, NSW 2380

Church Information

Church Name: St Andrew's Presbyterian Church
Church Previous Name: -
Denomination: Presbyterian Church of Australia
Street Address: 74 Marquis St, Gunnedah NSW 2380, Australia
Suburb: Gunnedah
State: NSW
Postcode: 2380
Foundation Stone Laid: 24-07-1954
Foundation Stone Notes: 

Foundation stone on the church records: To the Glory of God - This stone was laid by - Rev A M Stevenson MC MA - Ex-Moderator - 24th July 1954 - Rev James Goudie - Minister.

Foundation stone on the St Andrew's War Memorial Youth Centre records: To the Glory of God - This stone was laid by - Rev J F McKay MBE MA BD - Supt Australian Inland Mission - on Saturday 15th December 1962 - Rev James Goudie - Minister.

Date Opened: 27-03-1955
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

Early Presbyterian services in the district can be traced from about 1847. The St Andrew's Presbyterian Church, Gunnedah according to the ACNC Register was established about 1864. The present church building was opened on 27/3/1955 by the Governor of NSW, His Excellency, Lt-General Sir John Northcott KCMG, KCVO, CB. More historical information/photographs of the the church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 31/5/2021.

For more of the St Andrew's Presbyterian Church story see - illuminate (27th June 2019). St Andrew's Presbyterian Church, Gunnedah. In Website illuminate. Retrieved 31st May 2021 15:25, from https://illuminate.recollect.net.au/nodes/view/1381.
Last Updated: Monday 31st May, 2021
ADVANCED SEARCH