Holy Trinity Anglican Church
Holy Trinity Anglican Church 00-03-2022 - Gilbert Read
Holy Trinity Anglican Church - After Bushfire 00-01-1969 - Zades.com.au - See Note.

Holy Trinity Anglican Church

Lara, VIC 3212

Church Information

Church Name: Holy Trinity Anglican Church
Church Previous Name: -
Denomination: Anglican Church of Australia
Street Address: Flinders Ave & Curletts Rd, Lara VIC 3212, Australia
Suburb: Lara
State: VIC
Postcode: 3212
Foundation Stone Laid: unknown
Foundation Stone Notes: 

A stone tablet in the garden records: To the Glory of God - This stone was laid by - F Oakley Esq - on 24 July 1960 - S S  Supt. From 1898 to 1939.

A sign records: Our Heritage - Church of England - 1865 - Rebuilt after 1969 fires.

A stone records: This stone was laid - by Bishop James Grant - 14th March 1971 - "Let youselves be built, - as living stones, - into a spiritual temple."

A tablet in the church grounds records: This lintel stone - is from - The First Church of England - at Lara - St John's, Duck Ponds.

A plaque on the bluestone tower records: 1877 ~ 1977 - This plaque commemorates the 100th - Annivesary of the dedication of the First Holy Trinity Church, Lara on - this site, December 2nd 1877. - Unveiled by - His Excellency - The Hon Sir Henry Winneke - KCMG, KCVO, OBE, KStJ, QC - Governor of Victoria - December 4th 1977.

Date Opened: 02-12-1877
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org


The HolyTrinity Anglican Church, Lara functions in conjunction with Christ Church Anglican Church, Little River (see separate entry - 3211.) It is part of the Parish of Lara with Little River and the Diocese of Melbourne. The first church building was opened in 1877 by Bishop Moorhouse, and consecrated in 1882. In 1957 the original building was completed with the dedication of a new sanctuary. The original church building and hall were destroyed on 9/1/1969 by bushfire. They were replaced with a new church building and hall, consecrated on 3/9/1971 by the Archbishop of Melbourne, Sir Frank Woods. The tower, which formed the base to the spire, was repaired and encorporated into the replacement church building. More historical information/photographs of the church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 27/3/2022.

Note: Photograph attribution/source - https://www.facebook.com/HolyTrinityLaraOpShop/photos/a.203757206703668/1055911741488206/?type=1&theater

Note: Photograph attribution/source - https://i.pinimg.com/564x/f1/d0/0e/f1d00ec86171af456e1d7b355c2943aa.jpg

Last Updated: Wednesday 30th March, 2022