Church Name: | St Cuthbert's Anglican Church |
Church Previous Name: | - |
Denomination: | Anglican Church of Australia |
Street Address: | Powell St & Florence Street, Tweed Heads NSW 2485, Australia |
Suburb: | Tweed Heads |
State: | NSW |
Postcode: | 2485 |
Foundation Stone Laid: | 13-05-1972 |
Foundation Stone Notes: | Foundation stone records: A M D G - This stone was set by - The Rev Canon W D Sanders - (Rector 1953 ~ 58) - on May 13th 1972 - R A Dyson, Rector. A plaque on a rock in the garden records: St Cuthbert's - Garden - of - Memories. |
Date Opened: | 00-00-1972 |
Date Closed: | unknown |
Email: | admin@churchesaustralia.org |
The St Cuthbert's Anglican Church, Tweed Heads is in the Parish of Tweed Heads and part of the Diocese of Grafton. The present church building was opened about 1972. It replaced an earlier structure built about 1907, with additions/alterations in 1918 and 1929. No other details are known. More historical information/photographs of the church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 11/7/2018.
"Our Church is named in honour of St Cuthbert, Bishop of Lindisfarne (684-687) and a saint of the early Northumbrian church in the Celtic tradition."(Extract Church website - http://www.stcuthbertschurch.com.au/?page_id=2)