St Augustine's Anglican Church - Former
St Augustine's Anglican Church - Former 23-11-2023 - Derek Flannery
St Augustine's Anglican Church - Former 23-11-2023 - Derek Flannery

St Augustine's Anglican Church - Former

Beeac, VIC 3251

Church Information

Church Name: St Augustine's Anglican Church - Former
Church Previous Name: -
Denomination: Anglican Church of Australia
Street Address: 111 Main St, Beeac VIC 3251, Australia
Suburb: Beeac
State: VIC
Postcode: 3251
Foundation Stone Laid: 19-08-1896
Foundation Stone Notes: An information panel on fence records: St Augustine's Church of England was a place of worship in the Beeac district for almost 100 years before it closed in 1996. - Around 1896 Mr A Tatchell, manager of the ES&A Bank, encouraged residents to establish this church. The block of land at 111 MaIn Street was purchased for £15.0.0. The foundation stone was laid on August 19,1898. Rev H M Rupp was the first clergyman appointed to St Augustine's. - Due to the efforts of Rev Rupp, a reknown Botanist, St Augustine's Flower Show came into being. It was held annually for seventy years until it ceased in 1970. - The final service of St Augustine's was held on August 11, 1996 when the church was deconsecrated. - The church was sold and has been converted into a private residence.
Date Opened: 18-05-1899
Date Closed: 11-08-1996


The former St Augustine's Anglican Church, Beeac closed on 11/8/1996, and the property has been sold. The church had been part of the Diocese of Ballarat. The church was dedicated on 18/5/1899 by the Rt Rev Dr Cooper, Suffragan Bishop of Ballarat1. More historical information/photographs of the former church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 9/1/2024.


Note 1: Sourced from:

Last Updated: Tuesday 9th January, 2024