St John's Lutheran Church
St John's Lutheran Church - Earlier Church 08-02-2016 - John Conn, Templestowe, Victoria
St John's Lutheran Church 08-02-2016 - John Conn, Templestowe, Victoria

St John's Lutheran Church

Jeparit, VIC 3423

Church Information

Church Name: St John's Lutheran Church
Church Previous Name: -
Denomination: Lutheran
Street Address: 33 Sands Ave, Jeparit VIC 3423, Australia
Suburb: Jeparit
State: VIC
Postcode: 3423
Foundation Stone Laid: 28-09-1924
Foundation Stone Notes: 

Foundation stone records: Ev Lutheran St Johns Church - This - stone was laid - to the Glory of God - 28th Sept 1924.

The foundation stone to the earlier church records: This stone was laid - by - Rev L Wenzel - 16th February 1905 - Dally & Co. Builders.

A Memorial stone records; 75th Anniversary - of this building - 6-9-1925 - 10th Sept. 2000 - All Thanks Be To God.

Date Opened: 06-09-1925
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

St John's Congregation was officially formed on 14/12/1890. First church was built about 1905. A larger building was subsequently required  and the earlier church was demolished in 1924, to allow for construction of the present building. More historical information/photographs of the church/congregation are invited. Photographs upoaded 31/12/2016.

A history of the church has been written: Our Three John's: one hundred years of Lutheranism in Jeparit, 1890-1990 by Alan Obst.
Last Updated: Sunday 4th February, 2018
ADVANCED SEARCH