St George's Anglican Church - Former
St George's Anglican Church - Former 20-04-2019 - John Huth, Wilston, Brisbane
St George's Anglican Church - Former 20-04-2019 - John Huth, Wilston, Brisbane

St George's Anglican Church - Former

Koo Wee Rup, VIC 3981

Church Information

Church Name: St George's Anglican Church - Former
Church Previous Name: -
Denomination: Anglican Church of Australia
Street Address: 270 Rossiter Rd, Koo Wee Rup VIC 3981, Australia
Suburb: Koo Wee Rup
State: VIC
Postcode: 3981
Foundation Stone Laid: unknown
Foundation Stone Notes: Foundation stone records: To the Glory of God - this stone was laid by - Arthur Wellesley Bishop of Gippsland - 1st May 1917 - Nisi Dominus Frustra  [Without God [it is] in vain - Ps 127]
Date Opened: 07-12-1917
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

The former St George's Anglican Church, Koo Wee Rup, building is no longer used for worship.  The anglican's now worship with the local Uniting Church. "The first Anglican service was held on October 7, 1897. The foundation stone of St George’s was laid by the Bishop of Gippsland, Arthur Wellesley, and it was dedicated on December 7 1917." (Extract from - http://www.kooweebypass.com.au/koo-wee-rup-then-and-now.pdf.).

More historical information/photographs of the former church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 10/8/2019.

Last Updated: Saturday 10th August, 2019
ADVANCED SEARCH