St David's Anglican Church - Former
St David's Anglican Church - Former 22-12-2018 - realestate.com.au
St David's Anglican Church - Former 22-12-2018 - realestate.com.au

St David's Anglican Church - Former

Cooee, TAS 7320

Church Information

Church Name: St David's Anglican Church - Former
Church Previous Name: -
Denomination: Anglican Church of Australia
Street Address: 7 Poke St, Cooee TAS 7320, Australia
Suburb: Cooee
State: TAS
Postcode: 7320
Foundation Stone Laid: 10-01-1932
Foundation Stone Notes: The memorial/foundation stone was laid on 10/1/1932 in a ceremony led by Archdeacon Atkinson from Sr George's. The text on the foundation stone is not known. Information/photographs are invited.
Date Opened: 00-04-1932
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

The former St David's Anglican Church, Cooee property is now privately owned. The land and funds for the building were donated by Mrs Anna Maria Boston for the erection of a memorial to her daughter Alice. It was opened in late April 1932, about two weeks after Mrs Boston's death. No other details are known. More historical information/photographs of the former church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 23/12/2018.

 



For more of the St David's Anglican Church, Cooee story see -https://www.churchesoftasmania.com/2019/08/no-515-st-davids-at-cooee-fate-will.html
Last Updated: Saturday 16th November, 2019
ADVANCED SEARCH