A-B Towns | C-E Towns | F-K Towns | L-M Towns | N-S Towns | T-Z Towns | All Towns

North Adelaide Primitive Methodist Church - Former
North Adelaide Primitive Methodist Church - Former 11-10-2019 - Booth & Booth Real Estate - domain.com.au
North Adelaide Primitive Methodist Church - Former 11-10-2019 - Booth & Booth Real Estate - domain.com.au

North Adelaide Primitive Methodist Church - Former

North Adelaide, SA 5006

Church Information

Church Name: North Adelaide Primitive Methodist Church - Former
Church Previous Name: Primitive Methodist Chapel
Denomination: Methodist (Wesleyan and Other)
Street Address: 52 Tynte St, North Adelaide SA 5006, Australia
Suburb: North Adelaide
State: SA
Postcode: 5006
Foundation Stone Laid: unknown
Foundation Stone Notes: 

No Foundation Stone or Memorial Plaque details are known. Information/photographs are invited.

An historical plaue records:

Former Primitive - Methodist Church - The Primitive Methodists, a branch of Methodism, erected - this, the largest Primitive Methodist church in South Australia, - in 1881~82 expanding the earlier chapel of the 1850s built facing - Tynte Street. 

The robust classical style of the building distinguishes - it from Anglican and Catholic churches of the - time which were usually built in the Gothic idiom. - It was designed by prominent architect - Daniel Garlick.

Date Opened: unknown
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

The former North Adelaide Primitive Methodist Church property is now privately owned. It was built next to the 1850s chapel in 1881/82. No other details are known. More historical information/photographs of the former church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 22/11/2019.
Last Updated: Friday 22nd November, 2019
ADVANCED SEARCH