A-B Towns | C-E Towns | F-K Towns | L-M Towns | N-S Towns | T-Z Towns | All Towns

St John's Anglican Church
St John's Anglican Church 00-01-2010 - Google Maps - google.com.au/maps
St John's Anglican Church 00-01-2010 - Google Maps - google.com.au/maps

St John's Anglican Church

Terowie, SA 5421

Church Information

Church Name: St John's Anglican Church
Church Previous Name: Primitive Methodist Chapel then Salvation Army
Denomination: Anglican Church of Australia
Street Address: Mitchell St, Terowie SA 5421, Australia
Suburb: Terowie
State: SA
Postcode: 5421
Foundation Stone Laid: unknown
Foundation Stone Notes: No Foundatiuon Stone or Memorial Plaque details are known. Information/photographs are invited
Date Opened: unknown
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

Few details are known about the St John's Anglican Church (formerly St John's Church of England). A Local History brochure states 'Originally built as the Primitive Methodist Chapel, later used during 1884-1889 by the Salvation Army. Purchased by the Anglican Church in 1890 (the congregation had outgrown the original building), after which the porch was added to the building.

No other details are known. More historical information/photographs of the former churches/congregations are invited. Photographs uploaded 12/5/2018.

Last Updated: Saturday 12th May, 2018
ADVANCED SEARCH