A-B Towns | C-E Towns | F-K Towns | L-M Towns | N-S Towns | T-Z Towns | All Towns

St David's Anglican Church
St David's Anglican Church 24-09-2016 - John Huth, Wilston, Brisbane
St David's Anglican Church 24-09-2016 - John Huth, Wilston, Brisbane

St David's Anglican Church

Allora, QLD 4362

Church Information

Church Name: St David's Anglican Church
Church Previous Name: St David's Church of England
Denomination: Anglican Church of Australia
Street Address: 1 Church St, Allora QLD 4362, Australia
Suburb: Allora
State: QLD
Postcode: 4362
Foundation Stone Laid: 00-00-1887
Foundation Stone Notes: No Foundation Stone details are known. Information/photographs are invited. A plaque records: In Memory of - John Holmes - 16.3.1858 -20.10.1862 - drowned in Dalrymple Creek - buried within St David's - loved son of John & Mary Ann Holmes - this tribute from family gathering - Pittsworth 22-4-2000.
Date Opened: 23-12-1888
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

The first Church of England services held on this site church were held in 1862, in a private home. The first St David's church was built in 1868. The current church was built in 1888. It was consecrated on 01/02/1890 by Bishop Webber. More historical information/photographs of the church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 06/03/2016.

An Allora Historic Heritage Trail sign records: St David's Anglican Church - The first Church of England services on this site were held by the Rev Benjamin Glennie in a cottage occupied by James and Agnes Gwynne in 1862. - The frst St David's church was built in 1868. The new church designed by architect F D G Stanley was erected by W G Gillam in 1888. The stained glass windows were instralled between 1982 and 1988.
Last Updated: Tuesday 31st January, 2017
ADVANCED SEARCH