A-B Towns | C-E Towns | F-K Towns | L-M Towns | N-S Towns | T-Z Towns | All Towns

Narromine Methodist Church - Former

Narromine Methodist Church - Former

Narromine, NSW 2821

Church Information

Church Name: Narromine Methodist Church - Former
Church Previous Name: -
Denomination: Methodist (Wesleyan and Other)
Street Address: 136-138 Dandaloo St, Narromine NSW 2821, Australia
Suburb: Narromine
State: NSW
Postcode: 2821
Foundation Stone Laid: 26-06-1926
Foundation Stone Notes: (Dubbo Dispatch - 2 July 1926)    "REV. F. W. HYNES AT NARROMINE On Saturday the Rev. F. W. Hynes president of the Methodist Conference, laid the foundation-stone of the new Methodist Church at Narromine in the presence of a large congregation. Mr. R. Penberthy, the oldest member of the church at Narromine, laid the second. Both were presented with handsome silver trowels, as mementos. The church will cost about £1600".
Date Opened: 27-11-1926
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

(Dubbo Dispatch - 30 November 1926)   "NARROMINE METHODISTS FINE NEW CHURCH OPENED, The Methodists' new home of Divine Worship — a substantial and roomy brick building — was opened on Saturday afternoon, in the presence of a large gathering by the Rev. A. Giraham. Western District chairman, In the absence of the State president. The building, which cost £1600, was erected by Contractor W.Wright, of Orange, who handed over the keys of the edifice".

The former Narromine Methodist Church building is now Timbrebongie House (Wesley Units), an aged care facility.

No other details are known about the former church. More historical information/photographs of the former church/congregation are invited. Photograph uploaded 3/4/2018

Last Updated: Tuesday 3rd April, 2018
ADVANCED SEARCH