A-B Towns | C-E Towns | F-K Towns | L-M Towns | N-S Towns | T-Z Towns | All Towns

St Peter's Anglican Church
St Peter's Anglican Church 00-05-2017 - Michael Mak - google.com
St Peter's Anglican Church 22-10-2019 - Peter Liebeskind

St Peter's Anglican Church

Mount Victoria, NSW 2786

Church Information

Church Name: St Peter's Anglican Church
Church Previous Name: -
Denomination: Anglican Church of Australia
Street Address: 79 Great Western Hwy, Mount Victoria NSW 2786, Australia
Suburb: Mount Victoria
State: NSW
Postcode: 2786
Foundation Stone Laid: 18-09-1874
Foundation Stone Notes: 

The foundation stone was laid by Bishop Frederic Barker, Lord Bishop of Sydney, on September 18, 1874. The text on the foundation stone is not known. Information/photographs are invited.

A plaque on the front fence records: To the Glory of God - This fence and gates were erected by - St Peter's Church Ladies Guild - and dedicated by - The Most Reverened H W K Mowll DD - Lord Archbishop of Sydney - and Primate of Australia and Tasmania - on Sunday 16th November, 1952.

An historical plaque records: St Peter's Anglican Church - Circa 1874 - The oldest - Christian Church in the - Blue Mountains.

Date Opened: 00-00-1875
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

The St Peter's Anglican Church, Mt Victoria was opened in 1875 and celebrated 140 years of worship service in 2015. It is the oldest Christian Church in the Blue Mountains. The land on which the church building is erected was donated by Henry Bell. More historical information/photographs of the church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 27/10/2019.

For more of the St Peter's story see - St Peter's Church, Mt Victoria, Celebrating 140 Years: 1875 ~ 2015/by Jill Bowen. Also - http://www.blackheathanglican.org/History/Mt_Victoria/mt_victoria.html
Last Updated: Wednesday 6th November, 2019
ADVANCED SEARCH