A-B Towns | C-E Towns | F-K Towns | L-M Towns | N-S Towns | T-Z Towns | All Towns

Holy Trinity War Memorial Church
Holy Trinity War Memorial Church 00-00-1965 - Photograph supplied by Alan Patterson
Holy Trinity War Memorial Church 12-07-2002 - Alan Patterson

Holy Trinity War Memorial Church

Granville, NSW 2142

Church Information

Church Name: Holy Trinity War Memorial Church
Church Previous Name: -
Denomination: Catholic Church in Australia
Street Address: 1 Randle St, Granville NSW 2142, Australia
Suburb: Granville
State: NSW
Postcode: 2142
Foundation Stone Laid: 23-05-1965
Foundation Stone Notes: 

The foundation stone of the new church was blessed and laid by Cardinal Gilroy, Archbishop of Sydney, on 23 May, 1965. The formal text of the foundation stone is not known. Information/photographs are invited.

A stone records: Hoy Trinity War Memorial Church - dedicated to the memory of members - of the three services who gave - their lives in World Wars 1 and 2 - was solemnly blessed and opened by - The Most Reverend J P Carroll DD - Auxiliary Bishop of His Eminence - Cardinal Gilroy ~ 28th November 1965.

Date Opened: 28-11-1965
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

The current church is not the first church of the parish; in fact, it is the fourth. The history of the current church goes back to 1960 when parishioners, under the guidance of Father Patrick Brennan (Parish Priest between 1953 - 1968), formed a committee to investigate the possibility of erecting a new church on the site to replace the existing church which was opened in 1908. This still stands on the corner of Randle and Grimwood Streets and is known as Mackillop Hall.

No other details are known about the Holy Trinity War Memorial Church. More historical information/photographs of the church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 11/5/2018.

Last Updated: Friday 11th May, 2018
ADVANCED SEARCH