A-B Towns | C-E Towns | F-K Towns | L-M Towns | N-S Towns | T-Z Towns | All Towns

St Luke's Anglican Church
St Luke's Anglican Church 11-08-2002 - Alan Patterson
St Luke's Anglican Church 11-08-2002 - Alan Patterson

St Luke's Anglican Church

Concord, NSW 2137

Church Information

Church Name: St Luke's Anglican Church
Church Previous Name: -
Denomination: Anglican Church of Australia
Street Address: 17 Burton St, Concord NSW 2137, Australia
Suburb: Concord
State: NSW
Postcode: 2137
Foundation Stone Laid: 18-10-1859
Foundation Stone Notes: 

An historical plaque records: Concord Municipal Council - Historical ~ Site No 4 - July, 1979 - St Lukes Church - St Lukes, the oldest church known in Concord - was designed in Gothic style by noted architect - E T Blackett. Construction was by W J Godbolt, - Dr Frederick Barker Bishop of Sydney - set the foundation stone on St Luke's Day 1859 - and consecrated the church on 2nd. May 1861 - Addition of the Northern and Southern Aisles, - Aspinal Chancel and organ loft were planned by - W Coles and completed in 1882. - The church became the recipient of its Hill Organ in 1884 - from the Walker Family as celebration of - Eadith Walker's (later Dame Eadith) 21st birthday.

The text of the foundation stone is not known. Information/photographs are invited.

Date Opened: 02-05-1861
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

No other details are known about the St Luke's Anglican Church, Concord. More historical information/photographs of the church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 2/6/2018.

For more history on the organ and photographs see - http://www.ohta.org.au/organs/organs/StLukesConcord.html
Last Updated: Saturday 2nd June, 2018
ADVANCED SEARCH