Herberton Uniting Church
Herberton Uniting Church 10-08-2018 - John Conn, Templestowe, Victoria
Herberton Uniting Church 10-08-2018 - John Conn, Templestowe, Victoria

Herberton Uniting Church

Herberton, QLD 4887

Church Information

Church Name: Herberton Uniting Church
Church Previous Name: Herberton Presbyterian Church
Denomination: Uniting Church in Australia
Street Address: 2 Lilian St, Herberton QLD 4887, Australia
Suburb: Herberton
State: QLD
Postcode: 4887
Foundation Stone Laid: 04-07-1891
Foundation Stone Notes: 

Foundation stone laid on 4/7/1891 by the Lady Mayoress of Herberton, Mrs Bonar. The formal text of the foundation stone is not known. Information/photographs are invited.

Notice Board records that the building is also used by the Assembly of God.

Date Opened: 15-11-1891
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

The Herberton Uniting Church building was constructed in 1891 for the Herberton Presbyterian Church. Prior the the construction of the building, worship services were held in the Herberton School of Arts. The building was dedicated on 15/11/1891 by the Rev George Ewan, the first minister who took up his position at Herberton on 13/12/1890.

More historical information/photographs of the church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 2/9/2018.

Last Updated: Sunday 2nd September, 2018
ADVANCED SEARCH