Chermside-Kedron Community Church
Chermside-Kedron Community Church 25-03-2016 - John Huth, Wilston, Brisbane
Chermside Methodist Church - Former 00-00-1950 - John Oxley Library - State Library of Queensland

Chermside-Kedron Community Church

Kedron, QLD 4031

Church Information

Church Name: Chermside-Kedron Community Church
Church Previous Name: -
Denomination: Uniting Church in Australia
Street Address: Gympie Rd & Rode Rd, Kedron QLD 4031, Australia
Suburb: Kedron
State: QLD
Postcode: 4031
Foundation Stone Laid: unknown
Foundation Stone Notes: 

No Foundation Stone details are known. Information/photographs are invited.

A plaque records: Behind this plaque lies a time capsule - installed by Rev Prof James Haire - President of The Uniting Church in Australia - on the occasion of the opening of the - church facility on 23 September 2001. - This capsule is to be opened on the - Golden Jubilee of the occasion.

Date Opened: 23-09-2001
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

The church represents the amalgamation of the former Chermside Methodist Church and the former Kedron Presbyterian Church after the formation of The Uniting Church in Australia in June 1977.

The first Methodist Church in Chermside was a timber building erected in 1877. It was moved in 1926 to the cormer of Hamilton and Gympie Roads, and replaced there by a new brick structure which was opened on 30/9/1950.

The present church was opened on 23/9/2001 by Rev Prof James Haire, President of The Uniting Church in Australia.

More historical information/photographs of the church/congregation is invited. Photographs uploaded 26/2/2017.

Last Updated: Sunday 26th February, 2017
ADVANCED SEARCH