Koo Wee Rup Presbyterian Church
Koo Wee Rup Presbyterian Church 20-04-2019 - John Huth, Wilston, Brisbane
Koo Wee Rup Presbyterian Church 29-12-2010 - Mattinbgn -  See Note.

Koo Wee Rup Presbyterian Church

Koo Wee Rup, VIC 3981

Church Information

Church Name: Koo Wee Rup Presbyterian Church
Church Previous Name: St Andrew's Presbyterian Church
Denomination: Presbyterian Church of Australia
Street Address: 319 Rossiter Rd, Koo Wee Rup VIC 3981, Australia
Suburb: Koo Wee Rup
State: VIC
Postcode: 3981
Foundation Stone Laid: unknown
Foundation Stone Notes: No Foundation Stone or Memorial Plaque details are known. Information/photographs are invited.
Date Opened: 20-03-1896
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

"Presbyterian services first took place at the home of Mrs Hudson, who owned the Grange. Locals donated money to purchase a Church building and the Wesleyan building from Cranbourne was obtained at a cost of 70 pounds. This church, designed by Architect Alfred Dunn, had been erected in 1888 and it was transported to Koo-Wee-Rup on a large trolley drawn by 13 horses and placed on land donated by Christopher Moody. The first service in this building was on March 20, 1896. This is the oldest public building in the town." (Extract fromhttp://www.kooweebypass.com.au/koo-wee-rup-then-and-now.pdf).

No other details are known about the Koo Wee Rup Presbyterian Church. More historical information/photographs of the church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 25/6/2018 & 10/8/2019.

 



Note: Photograph attribution - By Mattinbgn [GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html) or CC BY-SA 3.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], from Wikimedia Commons
Last Updated: Saturday 10th August, 2019
ADVANCED SEARCH