St Andrew's Presbyterian Church
St Andrew's Presbyterian Church 15-08-2017 - John Huth, Wilston, Brisbane
St Andrew's Presbyterian Church - Original Church Building 00-00-1911 - Church Website - See Note.

St Andrew's Presbyterian Church

Roma, QLD 4455

Church Information

Church Name: St Andrew's Presbyterian Church
Church Previous Name: Roma Presbyterian Church
Denomination: Presbyterian Church of Australia
Street Address: 35 Queen St, Roma QLD 4455, Australia
Suburb: Roma
State: QLD
Postcode: 4455
Foundation Stone Laid: unknown
Foundation Stone Notes: 

No Foundation stone details are known for the original church building.

Foundation stone for the current building records: To the Glory of God - This foundation stone was laid by - Rt Rev Rowellyn Ramsay BA BCom - State Moderator - 29th May 1954 - Worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness - Psalms 29.v.2.

A stone records: To the Glory of God - and in memory of - Hugh Dugald McGowan - this stone was laid by Mrs McGowan - 29th May 1954 -The Lord knoweth the way of the righteous - Psalms 1.v.6.

A stone in the wall by the gate records: To the Glory of God - and in memory of - Lieut. G A Taylor - who died 3rd January 1944 - from wounds received during manoeuvres . - Erected by - A Coy. and H Q Staff 19th BN. - Volunteer Defence Corps (Q).

Date Opened: 00-00-1881
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

The St Andrew's Presbyterian Church, Roma began in the late 1800s.

In 1878 the Roma Presbyterians were meeting in the Roma Congregational Church and some time later services were being held in the Town Hall. In 1881 the Rev James Lawrie was inducted as minister of the Roma Presbyterian Church and in the same year the new church building was opened by the Rev J F McSwaine, Moderator of the Assembly. No other details are known. More historical information/photographs of the church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 15/10/2017.



Note: Photograph source - http://romapc.org/
Last Updated: Wednesday 29th April, 2020
ADVANCED SEARCH