Chermside-Kedron Community Church
Chermside-Kedron Community Church 25-03-2016 - John Huth, Wilston, Brisbane
Chermside-Kedron Community Church 25-03-2016 - John Huth, Wilston, Brisbane

Chermside-Kedron Community Church

Chermside, QLD 4032

Church Information

Church Name: Chermside-Kedron Community Church
Church Previous Name: Kedron Presbyterian Church
Denomination: Uniting Church in Australia
Street Address: Gympie Rd & Rode Rd, Chermside QLD 4032, Australia
Suburb: Chermside
State: QLD
Postcode: 4032
Foundation Stone Laid: unknown
Foundation Stone Notes: 

No Foundation Stone details are known. Information/photographs are invited.

A plaque records: Behind this plaque lies a time capsule - installed by Rev Prof James Haire - President of The Uniting Church in Australia - on the occasion of the opening of the - church facility on 23 September 2001. - This capsule is to be opened on the - Golden Jubilee of the occasion.

Date Opened: 23-09-2001
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

The Chermside-Kedron Communuty Church represents the amalgamation of the former Chermside Methodist Church and the former Kedron Presbyterian Church after the formation of The Uniting Church in Australia in June 1977.

The first Methodist Church in Chermside was a timber building erected in 1877. It was moved in 1926 to the cormer of Hamilton and Gympie Roads, and replaced there by a new brick structure which was opened on 30/9/1950.

The present church was opened on 23/9/2001 by Rev Prof James Haire, President of The Uniting Church in Australia.

More historical information/photographs of the church/congregation is invited. Photographs uploaded 26/2/2017.



Note: Photograph attribution/source - https://www.ohta.org.au/organs/organs/ChermsideUC.html
Last Updated: Sunday 20th October, 2019
ADVANCED SEARCH