St John's Lutheran Church
St John's Lutheran Church 00-02-2019 - Mark Harman-Smith - Google Maps

St John's Lutheran Church

Burra, SA 5417

Church Information

Church Name: St John's Lutheran Church
Church Previous Name: St John's Evangelical Lutheran Church
Denomination: Lutheran
Street Address: 12 Ludgvan St, Burra SA 5417, Australia
Suburb: Burra
State: SA
Postcode: 5417
Foundation Stone Laid: unknown
Foundation Stone Notes: No Foundation Stone or Memorial Plaque details are known. Information/photographs are invited.
Date Opened: 05-11-1967
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

The St John's Lutheran Church, Burra. The first Lutheran church in Redruth, one of the early mining communities drawn together to form Burra, was opened on 8/9/1861, but was destroyed by fire in July 1910. Until the present church building was erected in 1956, as the Mansfield Park Holy Cross Lutheran Church, later consecrated as St John's on 5/11/1967, Lutheran services were held in homes, churches and halls. More historical information/photographs of the church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 14/4/2019.
Last Updated: Sunday 14th April, 2019
ADVANCED SEARCH