All Saints Anglican Church
All Saints Anglican Church  06-08-2016 - John Huth, Wilston, Brisbane
All Saints Anglican Church  06-08-2016 - John Huth, Wilston, Brisbane

All Saints Anglican Church

Tamrookum, QLD 4285

Church Information

Church Name: All Saints Anglican Church
Church Previous Name: -
Denomination: Anglican Church of Australia
Street Address: Tamrookum Church Rd, Tamrookum QLD 4285, Australia
Suburb: Tamrookum
State: QLD
Postcode: 4285
Foundation Stone Laid: unknown
Foundation Stone Notes: 

A plaque records: This Memorial Church of All Saints - was erected in 1915 in memory of - Robert Martin Collins 1843-1913 - by his widow Arabella, their family and his sister Jane - he arrived at Mundoodun with his parents in 1844 and later - with his brothers William and George pioneered this area - of Queensland and the Northern Territory where with their - partners they founded great pastoral interests. - In 1879 he made his home here at Tamrookum. - He was a member of the Legislative Council and conceived the - idea of National Parks for this state. In particular he was - responsible for the establishment of Lamington National Park. - Proclaimed in 1915 after his death. - This building stands on the site chosen by him for a church - and was designed by the noted architect Robin Dods, of whose - work it is an example. - It was dedicated by His Grace The Most Reverend St. Clair - Donaldson, First Anglican Archbishop of Brisbane, a friend - of the Collins Family. - This plaque the gift of the Queensland Women's Historical - Association was unveiled on 20th May 1967 by Katharine - Mary Philp, only surviving child of Robert and Arabella - Collins and dedicated by His Grace The Most Reverend Philip - Strong, Fifth Archbishop of Brisbane and Primate of Australia. - 'This is my memorial unto generations' - Exodus.

Date Opened: unknown
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

The Collins family paid for the erection of the church building. It has an adjoining graveyard used for the family and others. It was built in 1915. More historical information/photographs of the church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 25/4/2017.
Last Updated: Wednesday 8th November, 2017
ADVANCED SEARCH