A-B Towns | C-E Towns | F-K Towns | L-M Towns | N-S Towns | T-Z Towns | All Towns

St James Anglican Church
St James Anglican Church  11-05-2021 - Derek Flannery
St James Anglican Church  11-05-2021 - Derek Flannery

St James Anglican Church

Stockinbingal, NSW 2725

Church Information

Church Name: St James Anglican Church
Church Previous Name: -
Denomination: Anglican Church of Australia
Street Address: Dudauman St, Stockinbingal NSW 2725, Australia
Suburb: Stockinbingal
State: NSW
Postcode: 2725
Foundation Stone Laid: 25-05-1910
Foundation Stone Notes: 

Foundation stone records: In the Faith of Christ - this Foundation Stone - was laid by - the Rt Rev C.C. Barlow. D.D. - Bishop of Goulburn. - 25th May 1910.

Heritage plaque records: St James Anglican Church - 1911 - ... 1910: May 25th, laying of Foundation Stone by Dr Barlow, Bishop of Goulburn. - 1911: March 15th Church opened. Officially dedicated on November 21st 1911. Archbishop Pike was an early minister and drove his grey horse and single buggy from Cootamundra on one Sunday of each month. - 1928-1960: A tennis court situated in the grounds. - 1930: Electricity replaced kerosene lamps.- 1961: Golden Jubilee of St James Church saw the return of early Rectors and parishioners for the occasion. - 1973: Following the destruction of the Methodist Church in a violent storm, the parishioners were invited to conduct their services in St James.

Date Opened: 15-03-1911
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

The St James Anglican Church, Stockinbingal is part of the Parish of Cootamundra and the Diocese of Canberra & Goulburn. No other details are known. More historical information/photographs of the church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 19/7/2021.
Last Updated: Monday 19th July, 2021
ADVANCED SEARCH