St Matthew's Anglican Church
St Matthew's Anglican Church 00-05-2008 - Gordon Stuart/Mingor.net

St Matthew's Anglican Church

Guildford, WA 6055

Church Information

Church Name: St Matthew's Anglican Church
Church Previous Name: -
Denomination: Anglican Church of Australia
Street Address: Stirling Square, Guildford WA 6055, Australia
Suburb: Guildford
State: WA
Postcode: 6055
Foundation Stone Laid: 15-10-1873
Foundation Stone Notes: No Foundation Stone or Memorial Plaque details are known. Information/photographs are invited.
Date Opened: unknown
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

This is the third St Matthews Church, although the first did not stand at this site, but rather on land donated by Governor James Stirling on his Woodbridge Estate at the east end of Terrace Road next to where the Guildford Grammar School now stands. It was built in 1836. The second St Matthew's was built on the current site and consecrated by Bishop Hale on 21 September 1860. This church was destroyed by a hurricane in 1872.

More historical information/photographs of past and present churches/congregations are invited. Photographs uploaded 25/05/2015.

Last Updated: Sunday 1st July, 2018
ADVANCED SEARCH