A-B Towns | C-E Towns | F-K Towns | L-M Towns | N-S TownsT-Z Towns |
St Luke's Hungarian Reformed Church
St Luke's Hungarian Reformed Church 02-03-2017 - John Conn, Templestowe, Victoria
St Luke's Hungarian Reformed Church 02-03-2017 - John Conn, Templestowe, Victoria

St Luke's Hungarian Reformed Church

Fitzroy North, VIC 3068

Church Information

Church Name: St Luke's Hungarian Reformed Church
Church Previous Name: St Luke's Anglican Church
Denomination: Other
Street Address: St Georges Rd & Watkins St, Fitzroy North VIC 3068, Australia
Suburb: Fitzroy North
State: VIC
Postcode: 3068
Foundation Stone Laid: 04-02-1879
Foundation Stone Notes: 

Foundation stone records: St Luke's Church - This memorial stone - was laid by - The Lord Bishop of Melbourne - December 21st - A D 1870 - Relaid on Feby 4th 1879.

Stone records: Hungarian Reformed - Church - established in Australia in 1949 - by - Rev Dr Francis Antal - HA ISTEN VELUNK KI ELLENUNK Rom 8:31

Stone records: AZ 1956 ~ os Magyar - Forradalom Hoseinek - Emlekere- Remember The 1956 - Hungarian Revolution - Bocskai Kollegium

Sign above entrance door: Magyar Reformatus Templom (Magyar Reformed Church)

Date Opened: unknown
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

The foundation stone was relaid on 4/2/1879 and the first section opened that year. The church building was never completed to the original design, and the chancel and apse are 'temperary' constructions.

The Hungarian Reformed Church was established in Melbourne in 1949. The present building was bought by this church/congregation in 1970.

More historical information/photographs of the church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 2/3/2017.

Last Updated: Thursday 2nd March, 2017
ADVANCED SEARCH