A-B Towns | C-E Towns | F-K Towns | L-M Towns | N-S TownsT-Z Towns |
Fitzroy Presbyterian Church  Former
Fitzroy Presbyterian Church  Former 29-10-2016 - hockingstuart

Fitzroy Presbyterian Church - Former

Fitzroy, VIC 3065

Church Information

Church Name: Fitzroy Presbyterian Church - Former
Church Previous Name: -
Denomination: Presbyterian
Street Address: 124 Napier St, Fitzroy VIC 3065, Australia
Suburb: Fitzroy
State: VIC
Postcode: 3065
Foundation Stone Laid: 13-11-1871
Foundation Stone Notes: No Foundation Stone or Memorial Plaque details are known. Information/photographs are invited.
Date Opened: 21-04-1872
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

Fitzroys first Presbyterian Church was established in 1852 at the corner of Napier and Gertrude Streets. Apparently due to the noise of horses and carts by 1870 it was decided to build a new church a short distance north along Napier Street. The church has been closed for some considerable time and is now an apartment complex. More historical information/photographs of the church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 29/10/2016.
Last Updated: Saturday 29th October, 2016
ADVANCED SEARCH