St Andrewand39s Anglican Church 08-01-2014 - John Huth
St Andrewand39s Anglican Church 08-01-2014 - John Huth

St Andrews Anglican Church

Carrick, TAS 7291

Church Information

Church Name: St Andrews Anglican Church
Church Previous Name: -
Denomination: Anglican
Street Address: 42 Meander Valley Rd, Carrick TAS 7291, Australia
Suburb: Carrick
State: TAS
Postcode: 7291
Foundation Stone Laid: unknown
Foundation Stone Notes: No details of a Foundation Stone or memorial plaques is held. Information/photographs is invited.
Date Opened: 25-11-1845
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

The church was transformed from a schoolhouse by Thomas Reiby of Hadspen in 1845, at his own expense. He became its first minister, and was later succeeded by his brother. The tower was added in 1863. The church was consecrated by Tasmania's first Anglican Bishop, Francis Russell Nixon and opened by Archdeacon Marriott. More historical information/photographs is invited. Photographs uploaded 03/09/2016. (Note: Thomas Reiby's grandmother, Mary Reiby is pictured on the $20 note)

Inscription on stone entrance step records: "Spare a prayer for Mr Clifford Bosworth, whose generosity helped with the restoration of this church. A. M. D. G."
Last Updated: Saturday 3rd September, 2016
ADVANCED SEARCH