A-B Towns | C-E Towns | F-K Towns | L-M Towns | N-S Towns | T-Z Towns | All Towns

St Mark The Evangelist Anglican Church
St Mark The Evangelist Anglican Church 25-03-2016 - John Huth, Wilston, Brisbane
St Mark The Evangelist Anglican Church 25-03-2016 - John Huth, Wilston, Brisbane

St Mark The Evangelist Anglican Church

Clayfield, QLD 4011

Church Information

Church Name: St Mark The Evangelist Anglican Church
Church Previous Name: The War Memorial Church of Saint Mark the Evangelist
Denomination: Anglican
Street Address: 103 Bonney Ave, Clayfield QLD 4011, Australia
Suburb: Clayfield
State: QLD
Postcode: 4011
Foundation Stone Laid: unknown
Foundation Stone Notes: 

No Foundation Stone or Memorial Plaque details are known for the original churches. Information/photographs are invited.

A plaque records: A M D G - The War Memorial Church - of Saint Mark the Evengelist - was consecrated by - John - Coadjutor Bishop of Brisbane - on Sunday 26th day of April 1970 - C J E Hogan ~ Rector.

A plaque records: The Kennan Memorial Tower - To the greater glory of God - and in memory of - Jack and Irene Kennan - Erected by their son, John - Dedicated by - Archbishop F R Arnott  31.7.1977 - Rector: D J F Williams -  Church Wardens: M G Tipper, R D Given ...

A plaque records: In memory of - Cyril Arthur Martin Weller - & Dora Weller - whose generous benefaction - is acknowledged - by a grateful parish - 1995.

A plaque records: In memory of - Una Collingwood Gyles - and - Christina Louisa Ryan - whose generous benefactions - are acknowledged by a grateful parish - 2012.

Date Opened: 31-05-1964
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

The first wooden church building, erected on the corner of Bridge Street (now Hudson Road) and Moore Steet, was dedicated by Bishop Dawes in May 1888. The building was moved to the present church site and formally opened by Bishop Webber, after renovations on 4/8/1899. The current brick building was dedicated by Rt Rev R J Hudson, Coadjutor of Brisbane on 31/5/1964, and consecrated by him on 26/4/1970. More historical information/photographs of the church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded1/3/2017.               
Last Updated: Saturday 25th March, 2017
ADVANCED SEARCH