A-B Towns | C-E Towns | F-K Towns | L-M Towns | N-S Towns | T-Z Towns | All Towns

West Ryde Anglican Church
West Ryde Anglican Church 01-04-2019 - John Conn, Templestowe, Victoria
West Ryde Anglican Church - Hall 01-04-2019 - John Conn, Templestowe, Victoria

West Ryde Anglican Church

West Ryde, NSW 2114

Church Information

Church Name: West Ryde Anglican Church
Church Previous Name: St Columb's Anglican Church
Denomination: Anglican Church of Australia
Street Address: 14 Bellevue Ave, West Ryde NSW 2114, Australia
Suburb: West Ryde
State: NSW
Postcode: 2114
Foundation Stone Laid: unknown
Foundation Stone Notes: 

No Foundation Stone or Memorial Plaque details are known for the present church building. Information/photographs are invited.

A foundation stone in the earlier church building - now church hall - records: To the Glory of God - this stone was set - by the Right Rev S J Kirby BA - Bishop Admisistratoe - on Saturday 23rd Sept. 1933 - J J Willcoxson BA - Rector.

An historic plaque records: Ryedale House - The present St Columb's church stands - on the site of 'Ryedale House' which was a two storey stone house for Major Edward and Mrs Darvall soon after 1855. The Darvalls' property was bounded by Shaftsbury, Victoria and Ryedale Roads and Rowe Street. - Monument funded by - the NSW Bicentennial Council.

Date Opened: unknown
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

No other details are known about the West Ryde Anglican Church. More historical information/photographs of the church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 25/4/2019.
Last Updated: Thursday 25th April, 2019
ADVANCED SEARCH