A-B Towns | C-E Towns | F-K Towns | L-M Towns | N-S Towns | T-Z Towns | All Towns

Holy Innocents' Anglican Church - Former
Holy Innocents' Anglican Church - Former unknown date - Australian Cemetries Index - See Note
Holy Innocents' Anglican Church - Former 15-07-2017 - Ross Patterson

Holy Innocents' Anglican Church - Former

Rossmore, NSW 2557

Church Information

Church Name: Holy Innocents' Anglican Church - Former
Church Previous Name: -
Denomination: Anglican Church of Australia
Street Address: 130 Rossmore Ave W, Rossmore NSW 2557, Australia
Suburb: Rossmore
State: NSW
Postcode: 2557
Foundation Stone Laid: 28-12-1848
Foundation Stone Notes: The foundation stone was laid on 28/12/1848 by Bishop Broughton. The formal text on the foundation stone is not known. Information/photographs are invited.
Date Opened: 07-11-1950
Date Closed: 00-00-2008
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

The Holy Innocents Anglican Church, Rossmore was built between 1848-50, and was consecrated on 7/11/1850 by Bishop Broughton. Bishop Broughton was instrumental in the bulding of this and many other churches throughout NSW.  The church was closed about 2008, and the congregation moved to the Harrington Park Anglican Church. A cemetery adjoins the church. More historical information/photographs of the former church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 11/5/2018.

Note: Photograph source - http://austcemindex.com/cemetery?cemid=2039

Note: For more of the Holy Innocents story see - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_the_Holy_Innocents,_Rossmore

Last Updated: Saturday 16th May, 2020
ADVANCED SEARCH