A-B Towns | C-E Towns | F-K Towns | L-M Towns | N-S Towns | T-Z Towns | All Towns

Christ Church Anglican Church - Former
Christ Church Anglican Church - Former 22-08-2005 - Alan Patterson
Christ Church Anglican Church - Former 22-08-2005 - Alan Patterson

Christ Church Anglican Church - Former

Jugiong, NSW 2726

Church Information

Church Name: Christ Church Anglican Church - Former
Church Previous Name: -
Denomination: Anglican Church of Australia
Street Address: Jugiong Rd, Jugiong NSW 2726, Australia
Suburb: Jugiong
State: NSW
Postcode: 2726
Foundation Stone Laid: 27-10-1895
Foundation Stone Notes: 

(Gundagai Times - 29 October 1895)   " A New Anglican Church for Jugiong, THE CEREMONY ON SUNDAY. MISS OSBORNE LAYS THE FOUNDATION STONE An interesting and highly impressive ceremony was performed by the Rev. A. C, Mosley in the presence of a large congregation at Christ Church, Jugiong, on Sunday. The present building, which was built some 23 years ago, has for some time been too limited to seat the congregation, so the warden and Mr, Mosley have, after much thought and planning, arranged for the erection of a chancel and the repair of the existing edifice; The ceremony consisted of a choral service and the laying of the foundation stone of the new chancel by Miss Osborne, the eldest daughter of Mr. Ben. Osborne, of Redbank. A silver trowel, Inscribed, was presented to Miss Osborne by the wardens and congregation. **** Since writing this report we have learnt that it has been decided by the congregation of Christ Church to pull.down the walls of the present church and erect an entirely new building on the foundation. This is another instance of the generosity and pluck of the people of Jugiong".

Foundation stone records: This - stone was laid - by - Miss Osborne - October 27 1895.

 

Date Opened: unknown
Date Closed: 27-12-2016
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

The former Christ Church Anglican Church property is now privately owned. The original church building was erected in 1872/73, with later additions/modifications in 1895 and 1970.The final church service was held on Thursday 22/12/2016. No other details are known about the former church. More historical information/photographs of the former church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 31/3/2018.
Last Updated: Saturday 31st March, 2018
ADVANCED SEARCH