A-B Towns | C-E Towns | F-K Towns | L-M Towns | N-S Towns | T-Z Towns | All Towns

St Mark's Anglican Church

St Mark's Anglican Church

Hunters Hill, NSW 2110

Church Information

Church Name: St Mark's Anglican Church
Church Previous Name: Fig Tree Chapel
Denomination: Anglican Church of Australia
Street Address: Figtree Rd, Hunters Hill NSW 2110, Australia
Suburb: Hunters Hill
State: NSW
Postcode: 2110
Foundation Stone Laid: 14-04-1962
Foundation Stone Notes: The foundation stone was laid on 14/4/1962, but the details or trext are not known. Information/photographs are invited.
Date Opened: unknown
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

The original chapel was established in 1858 and known as "Fig Tree Chapel".  In the late 1950's the NSW government decided to proceed with the building of the North-Western Expressway with the demolition of many structures including the "Fig Tree Chapel". The demolition and reconstruction was carried out in an extremely efficient manner by numbering all parts and re-erection on a new site in Fig Tree Road chosen by the Anglican Church. The rebuilt church was dedicated by the laying of a foundation stone on 14th April 1962. It was named "St Mark's".

No other details are known about the St Mark's Anglican Church, Hunters Hill. More historical information/photographs of the church/congregation are invited. Photograph uploaded 2/6/2018.

Last Updated: Saturday 2nd June, 2018
ADVANCED SEARCH