A-B Towns | C-E Towns | F-K Towns | L-M Towns | N-S Towns | T-Z Towns | All Towns

Knox Presbyterian Church - Former
Knox Presbyterian Church - Former 00-11-2009 - Google Maps - google.com.au/maps
Knox Presbyterian Church - Former 00-04-2016 - Google Maps - google.com.au/maps

Knox Presbyterian Church - Former

Botany, NSW 2019

Church Information

Church Name: Knox Presbyterian Church - Former
Church Previous Name: -
Denomination: Presbyterian Church of Australia
Street Address: 1561 Botany Rd, Botany NSW 2019, Australia
Suburb: Botany
State: NSW
Postcode: 2019
Foundation Stone Laid: 27-09-1879
Foundation Stone Notes: 

(Sydney Morning Herald - 29 September 1879)  "PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, BOTANY. On Saturday afternoon the foundation stone of a Presby- terian church, at Botany, was laid by the Rev. Dr. Fullerton in the presence of a considerable concourse of the residents of the place ; the following gentlemen also being in attendance. Rev. .Dr. Steel, Rev. Dr. White, Rev. R. S. Paterson, Rev. T. J. Curtis, Rev. A. M. Jarvie, Rev. D. Allen, Rev. R. M'Kinnon, and Rev. Mr. Collie."

The formal text of the foundation stone is not known. Information/photographs are invited.

Date Opened: 24-02-1880
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

(Daily Telegraph - 15 March 1880) "The opening of a new Presbyterian Church at Botany was celebrated on the 24th ultimo by a public meeting, the Rev. Dr. Fullerton in the chair."

The former Knox Presbyterian Church building is now privately owned. Erected about 1880, no other details are known about the former church. More historical information/photographs of the former church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 4/5/2018.

Last Updated: Wednesday 17th April, 2019
ADVANCED SEARCH