The Leslie Memorial Presbyterian Church
The Leslie Memorial Presbyterian Church 22-10-2019 - Peter Liebeskind
The Leslie Memorial Presbyterian Church 22-10-2019 - Peter Liebeskind

The Leslie Memorial Presbyterian Church

Blackheath, NSW 2785

Church Information

Church Name: The Leslie Memorial Presbyterian Church
Church Previous Name: -
Denomination: Presbyterian Church of Australia
Street Address: 123-125 Wentworth St, Blackheath NSW 2785, Australia
Suburb: Blackheath
State: NSW
Postcode: 2785
Foundation Stone Laid: 11-04-1925
Foundation Stone Notes: Foundation stone records: This stone was laid - to the Glory of God - by the Revd William Robertson - Moderator of the General Assembly - of N S W - 11th April 1925.
Date Opened: 00-00-1926
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

The present Leslie Memorial Presbyterian Church, Blackheath was opened in 1926.The first Presbyterian services in Balckheath were held about 1897. The first church building was a wooden structure erected about 1901. It is now the church hall. The erection of the current church building was funded by Mr James Smart Leslie, a local retired farmer, who donated 3,000 pounds. No other details are known.More historical information/photogrpahs of the church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 26/10/2019.
Last Updated: Saturday 26th October, 2019
ADVANCED SEARCH