St Andrew's Presbyterian Church - Former
St Andrew's Presbyterian Church - Former 00-11-2012 - PRD Nationwide - Ballarat - realestate.com.au
St Andrew's Presbyterian Church - Former 00-11-2012 - PRD Nationwide - Ballarat - realestate.com.au

St Andrew's Presbyterian Church - Former

Talbot, VIC 3371

Church Information

Church Name: St Andrew's Presbyterian Church - Former
Church Previous Name: -
Denomination: Presbyterian Church of Australia
Street Address: 15 Heales St, Talbot VIC 3371, Australia
Suburb: Talbot
State: VIC
Postcode: 3371
Foundation Stone Laid: unknown
Foundation Stone Notes: 

No Foundation Stone or Memorial Plaque details are known. Information/photographs are invited.

A plaque records: Former - Talbot Presbyterian - Church 1865 - The congregation received a 50 [pound] grant from the Amherst Borough Council after an earlier 1862 iron church (on another site) was removed during fire fighting. The church opened in May 1865. Of simple design, the church building draws freely on the Gothic style. It is part of the important cluster of 19th century buildings that frame the Talbot Heritage Precinct.

Date Opened: 00-05-1865
Date Closed: unknown
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

The former St Andrew's Presbyterian Church, Talbot property is now privately owned. The church was opened in May 1865. No other details are known about the former church. More historical information/photographs of the former church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 29/9/2019.
Last Updated: Saturday 28th September, 2019
ADVANCED SEARCH